You may recall that, yesterday, Nintendo announced that Animal Crossing: New Horizons would be getting a new update later this week. The update is supposed to add more content to the game, including seasonal items that are arriving just in time for February and, especially, Valentine’s Day.
Well, as Nintendo promised, Animal Crossing: New Horizons has received the update. Once you’ve downloaded it, the game should be at version 1.7.0. The update adds a new seasonal event, reactions, clothing, seasonal items, and more. You can see the update’s patch notes down below.
- adds more Seasonal Events:
- Festivale! (February 15th). Pavé the dancer arrives! Try collecting different colored feathers and give them to Pavé to enjoy a passionate dance as reward.
- adds various carnival-themed items, available for purchase at Nook’s Cranny from February 1st
- adds 4 new Poses (carnival-themed), available for purchase at Nook’s Cranny from February 1st
- adds various items related to Setsubun (Bean-Tossing Kit, available until February 4th via Nook Shopping, and Ogre Costume available via the Able Sisters from February 1st) and Valentine’s Day (available for purchase from Nook Shopping from February 1st)
- adds various items related to several holidays (including Lunar New Year)
- adds Maracas item (available as bonus for updating to Ver. 1.7.0)